Pages

December 13, 2008

[ it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ]


A lot got done today. I wrapped all the Christmas presents I have (more are coming in the mail). Mom decorated the house and hung the stockings. Dad made a quadruple batch of Kahlua. It's cold, snowy, and blowing. We're all enjoying Kahlua and cream...listening to the Christmas music channel on Dish. Winter is here.


For the past three days, I've been working on making a button tree. I even took it to school to work on earlier this week. I was really into it until...I ran out of supplies. Lovely. I HATE it when that happens and it takes a good half a day to go anywhere to get more.


So - I braved the snow, wind, ice, and cold to run (more like drove...55 mph there and back) to the Tri-Cities this afternoon to pick up what I needed. I swung by Jamie's to say hi and give her her Christmas present - ran to Wal-Mart and Craft Warehouse - and of course, a stop at Starbucks was necessary.


It was so worth it. I came home and got to work.


Here's the finished product:

In my opinion, this picture doesn't do it justice. It's really pretty with the lights jumping off the pearl head pins.


I ordered green buttons and more pearl head pins off ebay today (pins are expensive through Craft Warehouse - and this took approximately 750 pins!). I can see this becoming an addiction. It's really fun - although on the spendy side. I found some pictures online of other button trees that people have made. I'd like to make a pink one...maybe a white one...maybe a multi-colored one. Anyone want a button tree?


I'm pretty proud of myself. :)


In other crafty news, the Social Committee at school is having a Christmas door decorating contest. I commissioned some sophomore girls to decorate my door. Here's the finished product:

Wow.

I am ok with the fact that I most likely WILL NOT win.
Oh well - the time spent with those crazy girls was well worth it. :) They crack me up.

I'm actually looking forward to going to church tomorrow (unless the snow drifts are so high we cannot make it to church - ha!). Katie and Rachel flew home from Texas today and Amber came home from Spokane yesterday...I'm excited to see them!

Enjoy the winter weather...pray for a 2-hour delay on Monday...stay warm...enjoy the hot chocolate or tea or Kahlua and cream...whatever you prefer! :)

(AH! I just realized that this is my 100th post. Holy Smokes. Sorry - no free giveaways to celebrate. Feel free to poach the picture of my awesome button tree. That's all you get!)

1 comment:

The Wieselers said...

The tree is adorable! You're so crafty- I'm jealous!