Pages

January 14, 2009

[ kate ]

Today, I'm thankful for my friend Kate.
I had a stressful day at work today...I was pulled in many different directions, my attention was needed by many people, my brain was put to the max trying to brainstorm options for a dilemma, PLUS CAPS was today! Days with CAPS are always a little crazy for me. I don't know why that short 30 minutes out of my day throws me into such a tailspin!
ANYWAY! The saving grace for today was Youth Group tonight and that Kate & I had planned to craft after YG! Kate planned a super YG complete with one of my favorite games [Family Feud]! We discussed our mission trip options for this summer and brainstormed fundraiser ideas.
[oh yeah, and we had funeral potatoes and ice cream for dinner...well, there was also pork roast, salad, and corn - but the funeral potatoes and ice cream were my favorite!]
Then, Kate was so nice and offered to come help me cut paper for make and takes for our Craft Retreat in two weeks. We're making two super fun and DO-ABLE projects. Last year, I spent all Friday night and some of Saturday morning getting make and takes ready - so I am THANKFUL that Kate offered to help me cut paper and get my supplies ready. She is the greatest.
We had a wonderful conversation...and could've talked all night! :) She is such an attentive and caring friend. She's a super listener and encourager. She always says how supportive I am - but I think the same of her and am so glad to have her part of my life.
Tomorrow is Thursday...one day closer to a 3-day weekend!

No comments: