Pages

January 2, 2009

[ 2008 in Review ]

2008 in Review
What did you do in 2008 that you had never done before?
go to Las Vegas, spend 34 days at Priest Lake, complete 50+ scrapbook pages, coached basketball cheerleaders, go on a mission trip, played a Wii

Did you keep any New Years resolutions? Are you making any for 2009?
nope and nope.
(See previous post about resoluations and goals for 2009)
Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! Todd and Jessica received the beautiful blessing of Emersyn Leigh

Did anyone close to you die?
Unfortunately, many people close to me passed away in 2008. I'd list them here, but I'm afraid I would miss someone. My aunt Vicky's dad Vic passed away, some of my student's parents, some family friends, and a high school classmate

What vacations did you take?
Vegas, baby! and Priest Lake and Chelan and Salt Lake City

What would you like to have in 2009 that you didn't in 2008?
More time to craft. Less obligations.

What date from 2008 will be etched in your mind and why?
Probably November 4th. It was a big day in our family and in our country.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
The stomach flu for three days in December. The typical common cold a time or two. Nothing huge, thankfully!
What was the best thing you bought?
My iPhone!! :)
Whose behavior merited celebration?
My Dad made me proud the way he campaigned during his re-election. When he could have chosen to lower himself to others' standards, he took the high road.
Also - I received the 2007-2008 CHS Teacher of the Year Award!

Whose behavior made you apalled and or depressed?
There are certain people in my life that surprise me by the way they act and treat others. I hope for them that 2009 will bring them more happiness than they have seen in previous years.
Where did most of your money go?
Student Loans. Blah. I am thankful for the education I received, but my monthly reminder hurts a little bit!
What did you get really really really excited about?
Sarah Palin running for VP, Tina Fey playing Sarah Palin on SNL, organizing a scrapbook retreat

What song will always remind you of 2008?
Maybe "Home" by Daughtry.

Compared to last year are you much happier, richer, nicer?
All three? I am happy - my life is good - I am blessed by my job - and I'm nicer because of it. I hope this is true.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Craft. Spend time with friends.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Waste time. Be anxious.

How did you spend Christmas?
With family here at home.
Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fell more in love with Priest Lake and Sam-dawg!
What was your favorite tv show?
Unfortunately, I have a lot of favorite TV shows! I'll limit my top three favorites to Grey's Anatomy, The Real Housewives of Orange County, and Private Practice.

What was the best book you read this year?
I just finished "The 19th Wife" and really enjoyed it. I also loved "Eat, Pray, Love."

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Brooke White (well, American Idol discovered her).

What did you want and get?
A sewing machine!

What was your favorite film this year?
Juno

What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I worked and had our Youth Group Christmas Party and then went to Michael Jay's with my family. I turned 28. A few days earlier, we celebrated at PF Changs with Nick and Kate.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? What kept you sane?
Not sure what would have made it more satisfying...but I agree with Jamie on blogging keeping me sane. I developed a love for blogging and for reading my friends' blogs.
What political issue stirred you most?
The Presidential Election (go McCain!) and the Franklin County Commissioner Election. It was a tough fall.
Who did you miss?
My friends that live far away from here.

Who was the best new person you met?
Well, not necessarily met - but got reacquainted to - Jennifer B(s)! :)

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don't lower yourself to other people's standards.
Quote a song lyric that sums up 2008.
Oh hot damn! This is my jam!

No comments: