Pages

January 20, 2009

[ inauguration day ]

How did we get here and where is Sarah Palin?!
I'm just marking a spot here today to remember Inauguration Day...

Today, President George H.W. Bush (#43) exits the White House and


Barack Obama (#44) enters.

There has been a lot of talk everywhere you turn regarding the historic nature of today, swearing in an African American president. I do not understand why there is so much hoopla over Obama's race when there is also a lot of talk of looking past color and seeing everyone one as equal. Seriously...isn't this speaking out of both sides of your mouth?
Whoever it is, the inauguraton day is day in history and I am looking forward to watching as much of it as I can.
Of course, I'm also dying to see what Michelle is wearing tonight at the Ball. :)

No comments: