Pages

February 23, 2011

{ happy birthday! }

36779_137613129588532_100000195374100_401461_5633177_n (2)

Today is my dear friend Kate’s birthday.

I think birthdays are a day set aside to stop and think about that person and the impact they have in your life.

Kate is:

  • a dear and consistent friend I’ve had from childhood through college and now as adults. Our parents were friends first and fostered our friendship.
  • the wife of another one of my oldest friends. I don’t remember NOT knowing Nick!
  • the mother of my goddaughter, Kamryn. Whenever I say that out loud or type it or think about it, I still can’t believe Nick & Kate asked me to be part of Kamryn’s life and their family like that. Love. <3
  • my example for a genuinely happy and cheerful attitude, no matter the situation. I have a lot to learn from her!
  • an outstanding volleyball coach (reigning Coach of the Year – whoop whoop!) who encourages her team through her positive demeanor.
  • so gracious and kind and giving and loving…
  • fun to be around (obviously!) and especially craft with. This girl does not follow a pattern to save her life! It makes me laugh (and cringe at the same time since I’m SO not that way!) – but it always turns out just the way it’s supposed to!

I’m so thankful for my friendship with Kate. She brings a lot of joy to my life and to so many others’ lives too.

Happy Birthday Kate!

No comments: