Pages

December 16, 2009

...snow day...

This is what a snow day looks like:
4am: Let Samson out. Lay awake knowing a phone call announcing a 2-hour delay will be coming...
5am: 2-Hour Delay phone call
6:45am: Woke up by another phone call saying school's cancelled.
{I must insert my disdain for school being cancelled today. I already had to work until June 17th...now we'll have to tack another day on to the end of the year which will take me to June 20th. SO FAR. It's only December! Darn it darn it darn it.}
7am: Get out of bed, get a cup of coffee, and watch the Today show (and check Facebook)
8am: Head downstairs to work on Christmas presents
{close your eyes, Mom}
10am: Come upstairs for more coffee & some breakfast (and Facebook). Text & call about Youth Group.
11am: Back downstairs...
11:45am: This guy comes and want to cuddle. He laid on the craft room counter for a good 45 minutes. Every time I'd ask him if he wanted to get down, he'd give me a big sigh and close his eyes. Crazy dog.

1pm: Come upstairs for some lunch and "Days of Our Lives" (and more Facebook)
2:15pm: My.eyes.just.won't.stay.open.anymore.
4:30pm: Did I really just sleep for 2+ hours?!
5pm: Back downstairs
6:30pm: Came upstairs. Melissa's here.
Dipped Cake Balls into Almond Bark.
{These were meant to be for our CHS Staff Christmas Party tomorrow night. Since we rescheduled Youth Group, I can't go to the party anymore. :( I think I'll take the cake balls to school tomorrow anyway.}
7:45pm: Played cards with Mom & Melissa.
8:30pm: Settled in to watch "The Sing-Off."

Good day. Still irritated that school was cancelled - however, I hate going out in icy weather like this, so I guess I'll be ok with it.

2 comments:

janica said...

i LOVE cake balls. yours def turned out prettier than mine ever did:)

Olivieri Portrait Design said...

Samson is such a good helper