Pages

December 22, 2009

...the beginning of break...

The last few days since we got out of school for Christmas break have been crazy!
On Saturday, Nick & Kate had a get-together to celebrate Nick's {30}. (shh - we're not saying the number out loud.) It was fun to hang out with everyone and see some friends that I hadn't seen a long time! Drinks, appetizers, Wii, great friends...good times. Fun way to celebrate an unwanted birthday.
Kate invited me to come with them to Washtucna to help her finish a Christmas present. I loved hanging out with her & Karen all day. I learned a lot about making that type of present (not sure who all reads my blog, so I don't want to spoil any surprises). Now I've got the itch.
Thanks. A. Lot. Kate.
Melissa & I took the doggies to the groomer yesterday and finished Christmas shopping! I like knowing that I don't have to go back to the Tri-Cities until after Christmas!
Mom had also come to the Tri-Cities so when Melissa was ready to go home, I went with Mom. We came home to a house full of friends (Dave, Angie, and Gavin)! The evening was spent putting a puzzle together, watching the finale of "The Sing-Off" and playing a new game that Melissa gave D & A for Christmas.
I love our friendship with the Johnsons. Our families have been friends for years and there's a level of comfortableness & genuineness that I really appreciate. I love the history we have as friends and knowing that we'll be there for each other no matter what.
Today-our carpets are being cleaned, so I've set up shop downstairs. So much to do.
Snuggle with Samson (he's on my lap with his head resting on my wrist right now), finish Melissa's Christmas present, work on Dad's, wrap gifts, make sugar cookies, etc. I'd love to get everything crossed off my list so that

No comments: