Pages

December 17, 2009

...homespun holiday...round 1...

Natalia over at Piece n' Quilt is hosting this:This is my first entry.
It's a homemade tour around my office.
{I should add here, for all those new visitors to my blog, that I'm a high school Counselor, so I spend a lot of time in my office. I like it to be warm & inviting for the students that come by. Thanks for visiting my blog!}
When you enter, you're greeted by this wreath.
Apparently, I was not thinking when I placed this rub-on last year. I definitely wasn't think about wreaths, I can tell you that much. :)
On the little shelf behind my desk, is this Ribbon Tree. Chrissie Baxter made it a few years ago and it's been thee Christmas Tree in my office ever since. It gets lots of positive comments every year. It's looking a little tired - I may need to freshen it up before next Christmas.


This is on my wall as you walk into my office. I made this a couple years ago as well. It's fun and cheery, I think.


I love that all my Christmas decorations in my office are homemade.
It makes it more homey, I think. :)

6 comments:

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Thanks for sharing! I love your decorations! I haven't ever seen a ribbon tree before but I really like it! Thanks again! :)

The Waters Clan said...

Marcie, I love your buttin trees. I do not know if Jess told U but I was looking into making a tree similar to the ribbon tree but of scrapbook paper and called to see if U had ever done one. I ended up making 1 and they R super cute (I will have to post a pict.) Anyways I love those christmas ball wreaths and was wondering how hard they R to make (remember I am not super crafty)

Carla said...

I love the ribbon tree. I'll have to make one of those. I bet you get a lot of compliments.

Olivieri Portrait Design said...

Where is your Samson cut out?

Hannah said...

How did you get so crafty?! I love everything and I'm with you about especially loving the button trees. Some Christmas when I feel extra crafty I think I will have to try and make them!
Merry Christmas Marcie!!!

Lauren said...

Your ribbon tree is a great way to use up my left over scraps! Thanks for sharing!