Pages

February 1, 2012

.little boxes.

As soon as I saw this quilt on the cover of the Quilts and More magazine, I knew I had to make that quilt! At one time, I even had three copies of this magazine in my possession! I subscribe to Quilts and More, but sometimes I see the magazine in the store before I receive it…and so I picked it up since I loved the cover so much. A week later, it arrived in my mail box!! A few weeks after that, my Secret Sister gave me a copy for my birthday!

untitled

I already had a layer cake in this fabric, so I got to work quickly! I appliqued around all the houses, the roofs, and the doors. My quilt looks identical to the one on the cover – why change a good thing?!

    IMG_1802

I think this is my favorite block!

 IMG_1803

It’s not a huge quilt – more like a wall hanging than a lap quilt, really. Not sure what it’s future holds, but right now it’s cheering up the craft room!

Pattern: Home at Last by Julie Herrman in the Winter 2011 Quilts and More Magazine
Fabric: Hometown by Sweetwater
Quilted by: Marcie

No comments: