Pages

February 19, 2012

.finish it up.

Oh about two years ago, I completed this quilt top (see post here)…I am determined to dig through my unfinished quilt tub and get things done. In the midst of creating new projects, of course!

This weekend, I basted, quilted, and bound this quilt. Not sure where it’s going to live yet….

IMG_1819

   IMG_1821

Thanks to Pinterest, I found a different way to put binding on. (http://tlcstitches.blogspot.com/2010/07/faux-piped-binding-tutorial.html)

It wasn’t any faster, but it did work great for machine sewing the binding on. The stitch disappears into the seam. I love that!

 IMG_1824

This is the backing…this quilt was difficult for me. It’s hard for me to put fabrics together that don’t come in a collection. I don’t trust myself! Anyway – this one didn’t turn out terrible, I don’t think…and the scrappiness lends itself to this pattern.

 IMG_1825

Yay for finishing up a quilt!

No comments: