Pages

February 26, 2012

.john deere….pink?!.

My projects this week were pink John Deere flannel rag blankets. I’d bought this pink John Deere fabric about two years ago wanting to make a rag quilt out of it…finally got a completed project out of it!

I had envisioned a square rag quilt, but when I saw this pattern on Pinterest (http://doityourselfdivas.blogspot.com/2011/05/diy-baby-rag-quilt.html), I knew it would be a great option for this fun fabric.

IMG_1848

I made two of these – they’re not identical, but close.

 IMG_1849

I made one on Tuesday night, one on Wednesday night, then clipped them and washed them by Friday.

IMG_1850

They went together super fast…and turned out super cute!

 IMG_1851

I dried them twice in the dryer to try to get rid of the little strings….sorta successful. I hate that they shed so much!

IMG_1852

Here are the two together…

 IMG_1853

One is a birthday present and one will be donated to the Young Life auction (Young Life Banquet – March 5th in Connell).

 IMG_1854

Fun, quick project! This week, my goal is to finish two projects from my quilt top box. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

The Strongs said...

Very cute. You are so talented. Is that flannel fabric or just cotton. Love them!!