Pages

February 6, 2012

.crafter’s getaway.

I have been looking forward to our Beta Crafter’s Getaway for a good long time…like, since last February! It is such a fun weekend – lots of friends, crafting, talking, and definitely laughing!

For the third or 4th year in a row, we’ve invited our guests to wear red in honor of Go Red for Women Day. Look at all the support we had!

IMG_1808

This is Bonnie’s “L” for “LOSER” since she wasn’t wearing red!

IMG_1806   

The best part of the weekend is getting to be with friends…

Mom & Bonnie

IMG_1809

Kate & I

 IMG_1810photo 2

Mom and I

photo 1

The Baumann Babes – Beth, Karen, and Kate (Megan came a little later)

 photo 3

One of the projects I really wanted to get done was this t-shirt quilt. I’ve been talking about it all fall and had the t-shirts all backed and cut to size. Kate & Beth helped me lay them out and I sewed them together. I got done about 2am!

 IMG_1812

Jessica was making these cute butterfly blocks…

      photo 5

Candace - - she made this table runner from start to finish! So awesome!! I am so glad Candace got to come spend the weekend – and Chris and the kids too. I miss them so much!

 candace

Amy and I each made a quilt top using the same pattern, but different fabric. It was awesome to see our quilts next to each other – we had a little bit of envy for the other quilt top!

IMG_1813

Thanks to the Jessica Perkins and Amy Wieseler Stand Up Comedy Routine, we were up until 2am on both nights and laughed until our stomachs hurt! I think we might have run some other crafters out of the room! I loved it though!

I got 8 hours of sleep between the two nights….and now I am typing with my eyes shut. I guess that means I need to get to bed. I need to rest up for the next retreat or craft day!

2 comments:

Countrylivn' said...

Oh I have been waiting for the report, it looks like it was another successful year! I love your t-shirt quilts, they are so unique! Fun times!

Jessica said...

SOOO were there any complaints from the other guests??? I imagine they were a bit....turned off by some of our conversation:) I had a super fun time and am NOT LIKING being back in reality. Once I find the bottom of this mess at my house I plan to make some more butterflies!!! Any chance that beta is going to do a mid summer mini craft retreat????;)