Pages

February 26, 2012

.birthday present.

While Nick, Kate, and Kamryn were gallivanting around Europe, I stayed home in cold and windy Washington and made this bag for Kate’s birthday present! :)

IMG_1835

I have had this pattern on my mind for a while and was finally ready to figure it out!

 IMG_1836

It’s from the Fresh Fabric Treats book by the Moda Bake Shop.
I used a Ruby jelly roll and yardage. (love that Bonnie & Camille!)

 IMG_1837

I think my favorite part is the fabric covered buttons!

IMG_1838

and maybe the different stitches in red across the front.

 IMG_1841

I loved the pictures of the bag in the book. It used the “Make Life…” fabric by Sweetwater. It seemed a lot bigger in the pictures – more like a bag. This is more like a purse size.

IMG_1839

I hope Kate enjoys it…I am so thankful for Kate and her friendship…and I’m so glad she’s back! Two (plus) weeks is a long time apart!

 IMG_1840  

Happy Birthday Kate!bir

No comments: