Pages

June 8, 2010

...today...

Today was a busy day at work - so much to do before the students go home for the summer! I mentioned to my Dad that I didn't get lunch today and he asked what kept me so busy. Well, let's see:
  • Attendance appeal meetings for students who've been absent 12+ days. According the attendance policy, loose credit on the 12th day gone...but they can appeal that to the attendance appeal board. The students come with their parents and appeal their case. It's usually pretty interesting.
  • Registering students for the August HSPE re-takes.
  • Registering students for summer online credit retrieval.
  • Handing out summer AP reading assignments.
  • Making sure all students who've gotten to 12+ absences are notified and given the opportunity to request an appeal.
  • Handing out cheer camp permission forms and collecting them with parent signatures.
  • Updating credit deficient lists for class of 2011 and 2012.
  • Changing schedules based on HSPE and MAPS results.
  • Emailing and phone calls with parents.
  • Tracking down MAPS test results.
  • IEP meeting.
  • oh yeah - staff meeting & counselor meeting today too!
I think that *might* be it. :)
I also was commissioned to make two table runners for MONDAY! AH!

You can imagine my reaction, when Kamryn's mama asked if I could watch her for a little while after school. Of course!! She was such a sweetie hanging out in my office while her mama was interviewing for a new volleyball coach.


She looked adorable in her cupcake onesie and cute pink bow!!


I came home this evening, made dinner, then went over to the Kelly's to pick out our new kittens. We haven't had a cat around for a few month and we've been noticing that the mice are making their way back to our garage & yard. I brought home these two kitties. I think Eliza wasn't sure that I should take her kitties. Sorry Eliza!




I was a little apprehensive as to how Samson would react to them. I introduced him to the kittens and the gray one hissed at him and clawed at him. Samson cowered and wanted nothing to do with them. I think that hiss was enough to keep him from using these kittens as toys. :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

kamryn and kitties in the same post...too cute for words:)