Pages

January 6, 2010

...quilts for kids...


I just read about this organization on the message board that I read daily (Two Peas NSBR). Quilts for Kids is an organization that began in 2000 that gives quilts to sick children. What a great way to use this hobby for good.
They use discontinued and donated fabric to make beautiful quilts. They provide free kits to quilters to create quilts. You just have to provide the batting and the shipping back.
I just signed up to receive a kit and I'm pretty excited about it!!
Do you quilt?
Check out the website (HERE) and if you feel moved, sign up to receive a kit HERE.
I'd encourage you to share this with others as well.
Post it on your blog. Tell your friends. Encourage others.
(If you request a kit, let me know! We can encourage each other!)

2 comments:

daisiesnlilacs said...

I used to be with a group like this in Spokane (that's where I learned to quilt). I would love to do this with you, but I'm afraid I don't have time right now. I have bookmarked the site and will be coming back to it soon. Thanks for sharing!

Molly said...

Hi there, I just found your blog through Rachel's siggy swap and pinwheel quilt-along groups on flickr! I requested a kit after reading your post...yay! :)