Pages

April 5, 2012

.what a heart.

This week marks 3 years since my Mom’s heart surgery. The actual date is April 8th – but since it happened on the Wednesday night/early Thursday before Easter…this week is feeling nostalgic. She and I went to Seattle earlier this week for Spring Break and then for her annual appointment with her surgeon, Dr. Mokadam. She had a CAT scan of her heart and aorta, which Dr. Mokadam deemed “normal” with no change. Yay God!! He wants to see her in a year and if everything looks good again, he said she could come every two years.

I made this quilt for her last fall, had it quilted (LOVE the quilting) this winter, and finished the binding a few weeks ago. Since it’s been so stinkin’ windy, I haven’t been able to take a picture of it until now.

It’s a Buggy Barn pattern…

IMG_1925

made with Bliss fabrics (Bonnie & Camille)…

 IMG_1926

pieced by Marcie…

 IMG_1927

quilted by Susan Johnson.

 IMG_1928

I love that she quilted a heart in each heart…it puffs up a little bit since it’s not heavily quilted like the rest of the quilt.

Happy Heart Week!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh my! Love the quilt...sooooo cute:)