Pages

June 7, 2011

. sunkissed quilt for April .

Jessica started this tradition of giving the senior football cheerleaders a quilt for graduation. She and I have collaborated last year and this year to make the quilts. I’ll definitely carry on this tradition. :)

This quilt is for April Hadley. She cheered for football for three seasons and for basketball one season. She is an inspiring gal. I am pretty excited to give her this quilt!

I saw this fabric at Craft Warehouse and knew it would be perfect for April. The spring-y cheerfulness fits her personality perfectly!

june_030

I love this pattern too. It’s Skipping Stones by Cluck Cluck Sew. It’s the second time I’ve made a quilt from this pattern and I will be making more in the future. It’s pretty quick and easy!

june_033

Jessica and I had a quilting bee one day here at the Koch Craft Room. We got all the blocks done in one day. Then Jess took them home and sewed them into the quilt top.

june_034

I quilted it – in the same way I did the other one I made from this pattern. I did stitch in the ditch around each square – small and large!

june_035

I machine sewed the binding on the front side and then Jessica hand sewed the binding to the back. I think we make a pretty darn good team!!

june_038

Pattern: Skipping Stones by Cluck Cluck Sew
Fabric: Sunkissed by Sweetwater
Quilted by: Marcie & Jessica

No comments: