June 5, 2011

.our second annual Farm Chicks adventure.

Mom & I went to Spokane today to experience the Farm Chicks Antique Show. Kate & Candace had planned to come with us, but couldn’t at the end, so hopefully next year we can make it a fun weekend trip!

Last year we went on Saturday and the crowds were a little overwhelming. This year we went on Sunday and I liked it a lot better! It was still overwhelming – so much to look at and ingest. Sensory overload, you’d say!

I’m just going to give you the pictures without much commentary.

Warning: LOTS of pictures!!

1 (32)

1 (35)

This was my first metal basket sighting – and the rest of the day I looked for the best deal on them. Glad to say I had success and brought one home with me!

1 (1)

1 (2)

These were really cute bobby pins with old rhinestone earrings – I brought one home for each of us, Melissa & I.

1 (3)

1 (4)

These headbands were beautiful with lots of vintage rhinestones. My Mom overheard the lady saying that they were featured in Glamour magazine and have been on the runways in Paris & New York and seen on Taylor Swift! WOW!

1 (5)

My Mom was excited to see this – she said it was identical to their first dishwasher!

1 (6)

1 (7)

1 (8)

1 (9)

This was the most unique thing I saw all day – the back end of an old car repurposed into a cool couch-thing. How fun in a backyard!

1 (10)

1 (11)

These old letters caught my eye this year. They seemed to be everywhere!

1 (12)

1 (13)

Well, lookie lookie what I found. :) This was my very favorite book growing up. I gave a copy to Kamryn for her 1st birthday! As I was taking this picture, a lady walked behind me and gasped, “That’s my favorite book!” It’s a good one!

1 (14)

A cute old jar filled with fishing reels!

1 (15)

1 (16)

So true….so true….

1 (17)

This dress form had two real chicks in it’s skirt!

1 (18)

1 (19)

1 (20)

A speed limit sign repurposed into a table!

1 (22)

A birdbath filled with scrabble letters…

1 (23)

…old typewriter keys…

1 (24)

1 (25)

1 (26)

1 (27)

This was filled with ribbons like you win at the fair.

1 (28)

1 (29)

Rolling pins – cute display!

1 (30)

1 (31)

1 (34)

Mom & I even got our picture with Serena, the Farm Chick, and Catherine, an editor for Country Living magazine…

1 (21)

…and we each got a free magazine that they signed!


It was a fun day. I also came home with two old sugar pourers that will hold a spool of bakery twine. I saw it on Pinterest this week and that’s what I was looking for today among all the antiques. Success! I found some old hankies again – not sure what I’ll use them for, but they needed to come home with me!

Can’t wait for next year!


David and Kira said...

My kids' favorite book is the monster at the end of the book also! They LOVE it!!!

Rene Foust said...

I couldn't agree more about that book. I can't begin to tell you how many times I read that book to my daughter when she was a little girl!!!! She is 28 now thanks for the reminder

krys kirkpatrick said...

What a fun time! I am so sorry I could not be a vendor this busy! Next year for sure!!! I so very much appreciate sharing it with your great pictures and story. Thank-you