Pages

March 29, 2009

[ spring break day #2 ]

So, yesterday, I didn't get as much done as I hoped.


Instead, I braided most of the morning, then went to Elena Grassl's baby shower, then went to Lind & Ritzville with my Mom & Grandma.


First, We visited my Grandma's brother Melvin, who recently was diagnosed with brain cancer and had surgery to remove part of the tumor. His speech was affected and he still has a hard time coming up with the right words and putting them in the right order.


Then, we went to the Rose Garden Assisted Living Facility in Ritzville to visit my Grandma's sister-in-law Iris and my aunt Kim's mom Freda. They are so funny. They live next door to each other and I told them I thought their situation was a lot like my cousin Amber - getting to live next door to her friends in the dorm. :) Neither one of them hears very well and they both have glimpses of dimentia. They were so excited to have visitors and were very proud to show us their rooms.
This is my aunt Kim and Freda.

On the way home, we stopped in Lind to visit my Grandma's brother-in-law (my Grandpa's brother), Alvin. He was in the hospital for a few days this past week for fluid on his lungs. He will be moving on Monday to the Rose Garden to join his wife, Iris. I love visiting Alvin. He reminds me so much of my Grandpa and has the same teasing, loving, caring, fiesty attitude.
So, the day didn't go how I'd planned, but I'm glad I went with my Mom & Grandma. Maybe today I'll get some things done. Tomorrow, I'm heading to Tri-Cities to run some errands, take Samson to the groomer, and have some craft time with Jessica & Amy (can't wait!).

No comments: