Pages

March 25, 2009

[ keepin' it real ]

I stole this title from Camille Roskelley's blog - she's my current idol. Love her. I love her outlook on life and the way she talks about her kids. Of course, I wish I could sew and quilt like her and have the resources (mass amounts of fabric) available like her. I did finish another quilt top this morning - yes, that's right - this morning! We have conferences today and tomorrow, so we work from noon to 7:40pm. I really like that schedule because I can sleep in and still get things done!! I have another quilt top that I think I can finish tomorrow morning. How cool would that be?! Before you are too impressed, these two quilts plus the one I finished last week are all made from the same pattern which is very forgiving (meaning - it doesn't have to perfect!!).
Even though these conference days are long, I really enjoy them. I like how we do it (arena style in the cafeteria), so all the teachers are around the perimeter of the cafeteria, so everyone is easily accessible to the families. I like talking to the students and parents. It's just something different from the normal day to day routine. Plus it's almost Spring BREAK!
One other fun thing - we had a belated Beta St. Patrick's Day Party last night. It was a lot of fun - my friend Jessica Fife is a huge St. Patrick's Day fan and her excitement is contaigous. We also are inviting four ladies into our group, so it was their first time coming. It was a fun evening with delicious Irish food (who knew it was so good?!) and some fun games.
Tomorrow is another day of conferences. Oh - the other thing is that the seating for the conferences for the teachers is always kinda funny to watch. Usually everyone has their laptop computers and the outlets are at a premium (not many). Plus, people try to sit by their friends, of course! It's kinda funny to see the cliques around the room. Jessica Perkins & I had a great time last year in between conferences - I was making cards, she was laughing at me, and Justin Palmer was assisting my card making - we had some great conversations! Then she had to go and have Emersyn (not that I'm bitter - I LOVE Emersyn!!!). So this fall, I sat with Jessica Fife and then she had to go and have Liam (again, not that I'm bitter - I LOVE Liam, too!). So - I'm with Heidi and Justin and I'm pretty sure neither of them are having kids anytime soon, so I think I'm safe!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Just thinking about last years conferences makes me laugh. We had some good times in that gross cafeteria. you are right about Em. She is totally growing up and becoming a toddler. She is like a kid. She even answers when you ask her questions. It makes her more fun than talking to atty--finally:) Are we going to make our april calendars on monday????