Pages

September 21, 2011

.apple dumplings.

The other day I was browsing through Pinterest, like I do a few times a day (!)…I was looking specifically for a dessert to serve at my Longaberger party that night.

And then I saw it….

9-28-2010_016

( photo borrowed from www.oneshetwoshe.com )

Apple Dumplings!

Trust me, they look just as delicious as they actually are.

Here’s the recipe, which may have taken over as my #1 fall dessert!

from The Pioneer Woman

2 sticks butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tubes crescent rolls
2 granny smith apples
12 ounces of Mountain Dew
Cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream

Directions:  Peel and slice your apples.  Wrap each slice in a crescent dough triangle and place in sprayed (greased) pan.  In a bowl, melt your butter and stir in sugar and vanilla.  Pour over top of the wrapped apples....or spread on top with a spoon.  Pour the Mt. Dew all around and sprinkle with Cinnamon.  Place in 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.  Serve hot with ice cream!

I dare you to NOT try them.

1 comment:

Countrylivn' said...

Those sound divine! I am getting the ingredients tomorrow! Thanks!