Pages

January 23, 2011

{ trying something new }

I decided to try a new sewing project yesterday…a zippered pouch.

Last week when I packed up all my sewing stuff to take to Jessica’s for the day, I decided I needed a little pouch to put all my sewing machine feet, ruler, seam ripper, etc. when I travel. When I’m at home they’re in a little scalloped tray, but that’s not conducive for travelling!

ANYWAY – I found a pattern in a book I already had, bought a zipper, found some fabric in my stash and got to it.

After TWO hours of trying to figure out how to sew in the zipper between the book and the included directions, I was SO frustrated, I quit for the night.

I turned to trusty YouTube and watched about 10 videos before I tried again. The videos made a lot more sense than the written directions!

And – after 1 1/2 hours this morning, I now have a pouch!

photo 3

 photo 1

photo 2

Do not ask me to help you! I have one more zipper to try another one – maybe the second time will be the charm! On YouTube, I saw two different ways to do it, so I’m going to try the other way next time and see which I like better.

I’m glad I persevered and figured it out ‘cause I’m pretty proud of my little pouch – even if it’s not as pretty as a Vera! Smile

No comments: