Pages

January 12, 2011

{ JUNK }

I saw this cute cute bag pattern at the fabric shop in Poulsbo when we were there for Brian and Megan’s wedding last May. (You can find the pattern HERE.)

I was excited to make the bag for myself, but I’m a picture follower – so I had to get all the embellishments so I could make my bag look as close to the bag in the picture as possible.

It was fun to pick up old hankies at the Farm Chicks Antique Show in Spokane last June. I only bought 3 with this bag in mind…even though I’ve finished the bag, let me tell you, I will be buying more antique hankies when I go this year. What for, I don’t know – I just think they’re sweet and cute!

I got velour ric rack at the fabric store in Chelan (and cute little pink pom poms, which did not make the final cut) and green lacy ribbon/ric rack at JoAnn’s.

Here’s the final product:

photo 1

photo 2

photo 3

photo 4

I think it’s a lot cuter in person, personally. I’m not a great picture taker.
I am so happy to have it completed and it’s all ready to accompany me to the Farm Chicks show in June! (And I didn't leave it to the last minute!)

The pattern is actually really simple – it just took quite a while to embellish the front. It’s a great size and you could put any four letter word on it (careful now!).

So fun! And so happy to move on to the next project! :)

No comments: