Pages

December 24, 2010

{ the best sugar cookies EVER! }

I love love love sugar cookies, but I do not love love love making them!

My Mom and I did make sugar cookies for Christmas this week – I think they turned out pretty cute AND delicious!

santa cookies1

Here’s the recipe (which we ALWAYS double!):

Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. lemon extract (the secret weapon)
4 c. sifted flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 c. milk

Cream sugar, shortening, & butter; add eggs and lemon extract. Alternate milk with dry ingredients. Chill dough. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes. Makes about 2 dozen large cookies.

santa cookies2

Butter Icing

Blend together:
1/3 c. soft butter
1 c. sifted powdered sugar
1 1/2 t. vanilla
3 T. milk
Then stir in:
2 c. sifted powdered sugar

Beat hard to make icing fluffy. Add a little more milk or sugar if you need the icing easy to spread.
Separate out into small bowls and add food coloring

No comments: