Pages

October 7, 2009

[ so much to share...so little time ]

I have tons of stuff to share with my faithful blog readers, but for today, I'll only share the most important.
Today is 6 months since my Mom's emergency surgery.
It blows my mind how amazing our bodies are.
Six months ago, I was hearing things from the doctors that scared the crap out of me.
We weren't sure what our reality was going to be when she was taken out of coma.
Thanks to the prayers and support of family and friends as well as the expertise and care of the doctors, she has made a full recovery.
Life is a little different: Mom has to monitor her blood pressure and take a palm full of pills each day, but compared to what the worst case scenario was that we were hearing...that's nothing!
We are grateful for everyday. We value life more.
After my Dad's accident, I never thought I'd take life for granted. Time passes and life flies by and we begin to forget and we begin to take things for granted. Then something like Mom's experience occurs and I am reminded again how precious life is.
God is good.
I was in the car yesterday driving to Connell from Spokane....I did that drive twice a week for over 5 years and I miss that time to myself. I get my best thinking done in the car and I get to sing at the top of my lungs and convince myself that I'm a super duper talented singer. :)
Anyway, I heard this song yesterday called "He is With You" by Mandisa. I love the lyrics:
There’s a time to live And a time to die
There’s a time to laugh And a time to cry
There’s a time for war And a time for peace
There’s a hand to hold In the worst of these
He is with you when your faith is dead And you can’t even get out of bed
Or your husband doesn’t kiss you anymore
He is with you when your baby’s gone And your house is still,
And your heart’s a stone Cryin’ God, what’d You do that for He is with you
There’s a time for yes And a time for no
There’s a time to be angry And a time to let it go
There is a time to run And a time to face it
There is love to see you Through all of this
He is with you in the conference room When the world is coming down on you
And your wife and kids don’t know you anymore
He is with you in the ICU When the doctors don’t know what to do
And it scares you to the core He is with you
We may weep for a time But joy will come in the morning The morning light
He is with you when your kids are grown When there’s too much space
And you feel alone And you’re worried if you got it right or wrong
Yes He is with you when you’ve given up on ever finding your true love
Someone who feels like home He is with you
When nothing else is left And you take your final breath
He is with you
I feel like this part speaks just to me:
He is with you in the ICU When the doctors don’t know what to do
And it scares you to the core
He is with you We may weep for a time
But joy will come in the morning
I have lived that...twice...
God is good.
He has opened doors and provided us with so much more than I could've ever imagined.
I was devasted about our family's loss of livelihood in the fire. I mourned for the loss of Dad's shop. It really affected me. I knew that was our family's main source of income and cried to Jesus about how we were going to survive. He has a funny sense of humor, doesn't he?!
He's provided my Dad with amazing opportunities in a realm of the world that he would've never considered otherwise. I love that Dad is contributing to society as a commissioner. The experiences he's had and the people he's met are so cool.
What an amazing God we serve.

2 comments:

David and Kira said...

That was very nice Marcie. What a great outlook you have through adversity and that things really do get better and you have become stronger through them!

ellsworth family said...

wow, six months. I am so glad she is well!!! Love all your new projects!