Pages

October 8, 2009

[ long weekend ]

Ok - here's the quick run through this past weekend.
To begin, the CHS Eagles got a win on Friday night over Moscow, ID whom we'd lost to last year. It was a fun victory!
Dad, Mom, Samson, & I went to Priest Lake on Saturday to close the house for the winter. As a neighbor there said, "It's the saddest day of the year." I'd never been there this late in the year and I loved it! It was quiet, cool, and cozy. The wind blew so hard while we were there and the water was full of white caps. Due to a mishap, a piece of the siding blew into the lake and guess who got to fish it out?! The water temperature is not as pleasant in October as it is in August. Life lesson. :)


On Sunday, we got back in time for Mom and I to go to the movie downtown. We saw "The Time Traveller's Wife." I wasn't that impressed. It was quite confusing to me with all the time back and forth. I'm very time oriented and this didn't suit me. I did buy the book on Monday, so hopefully that will help me understand it more.

I worked on Monday, went to practice, and then headed to Spokane. I had a counselor workshop on Tuesday at Gonzaga, so I went up Monday evening and had an absolutely enjoyable evening! I stopped at River Park Square, shopped at Nordstrom (new shoes!), Williams and Sonoma, and Pottery Barn. I went to Northtown, shopped at Nordstrom Rack, got some Starbucks Chai, a few magazines, and enjoyed some time in Barnes and Noble. I loved the whole evening - it made me feel like I was in college again! :)

Amber was nice enough to let me stay with her and her fun roommates, so I got to enjoy some time with them! On Tuesday, I went to the workshop, saw my friend Lisa that I interned for in grad school, and learned some new things about the PSAT, SAT, and AP tests. I got my nails done (I'll have to take a picture - I went for the unexpected and got a cool grey/purple polish), and met my cousin Craig for a delicious sushi lunch. I experienced sushi for the first time this summer and LOVE it! Love it!
My favorite part of the day was spending time with my dear friend Jody and her sweet children. I've talked about Jody on my blog before, but to refresh your memory, she's my friend that I met in grad school. I told her the other day - she's the best thing that came out of Whitworth grad school. Her and Jen. :) and my job. :)
I love being in Jody's company. Her house is so cozy and inviting. Her children are the cutest and sweetest kids. I love talking with Jody. I value her opinion and moral compass. She is a constant in my life and I appreciate that. I never have to guess where I stand with her. I always learn a lot from her example. Love love love her!

All right - I think you're caught up now on my fun weekend. I still have some quilting projects to share, but that'll have to wait. :)

Here's my favorite dog...he needs a haircut terribly bad, but isn't he cute?!

No comments: