Pages

October 15, 2009

[ horizon of hope ]

This evening, Mom, Grandma, and I met some other lovely ladies from Connell at the Longaberger Horizon of Hope event in Richland. I hadn't been for a few years, so it was fun to be part of this celebration again. We got to see some fabulous baskets, win some door prizes, contribute to a worthy cause, and listen to an inspirational speaker.

Horizon of Hope was one of my favorite parts of being a Longaberger consultant, but listening to the speaker tonight and being around all that pink made me wonder:

Where's the red?

As in, red dress, for heart disease.

I guess my perspective's changed a bit.

Tonight was a great start to a three-day weekend!!

Tomorrow is an Inservice for Staff Development. It's optional and I need a mental health day!
Tomorrow is also the Junior Cheer Clinic which is always a hectic & chaotic, but fun day!

Then - after the game tomorrow night, Jessica Fife and I are driving to Wenatchee to meet Mom, Melissa, and Amy for a fun crafting weekend. I have a lot of projects to work on, so I'll be busy the whole time! :) I hope to get a lot done!

This is my inspiration:

This is a quilt that Camille Roskelley made - Wild Thing pattern with Simple Abundance fabric. I have the same pattern with the same fabric to create a quilt. Can't wait to make it!!

2 comments:

melissa said...

soo excited! go RED.

Melissa said...

I love that quilt. I have made a couple of Wild thing variations. Love them! Just made a quilt for my sis Rebecca's baby--but can't post it yet so she won't know what it looks like. We need to get together to quilt!!!!