Pages

October 9, 2009

[ quilt festival ]


How fun is this?! The International Quilt Market is happening right now in Houston and for those of us who can't attend (I'd love to at some point in my life - wouldn't that fun?!), Amy at Park City Girl is hosting the Blogger's Quilt Festival. Click on the logo for the link!

So, the deal is - you're supposed to blog about a quilt, post on her blog, link your blog to her blog, and wha-la! You're part of the Blogger's Quilt Festival. How can I resist?!

I'm sharing with you, for a second time, my favorite quilt that I've made so far.

I love this quilt. It's Camille's Jelly Filled pattern with Aviary fabric. I think it's prettier in person. I'm so very proud of it!

I made the blocks while I was home from work this past April helping my Mom recover from open-heart surgery, so I think this quilt will always hold a special place in my heart. That was an interesting time in my life and quilting helped me center myself each day and reflect on what was going on in my life.

This is one quilt that will not be living at another house. :) It's all mine!!





Ok - now on over to the Blogger's Quilt Festival and check out all the inspiration there!!!

17 comments:

Kaye Prince said...

Very pretty - you did a great job!

Zonnah said...

Very pretty!

An Epic Event said...

Beautfiul. You are so talented.

Mom said...

Very soft, pretty colors!

Margaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Lee D said...

Love that fabric line, beautiful quilt.

Camille said...

Oh, it is beautiful! I love how it turned out in Aviary. Thanks so much for showing it- made my day!

Marie said...

It looks like cotton candy I love it. Great Job !!!

Latane Barton said...

quilts made during a difficult time often become very special to us. How's your Mom doing?

Rene' said...

What a pretty quilt. I love the soft colors. Thanks for sharing. Hope your mom is recovering well.

Erzebat said...

love the colors! very girly girl! (mauh) Liz

Jeannette said...

This is a lovely form of subtle and I can see how you would almost have to be in a room with it, the sun shining in the window or a soft evening lamp glowing and be close enough to lie down before its full charm is evident...almost.

Marika said...

Very beautiful quilt .greeting

Leslie said...

it is so great to make one that you really love and not have to give it away as a gift to someone else.

Jocelyn said...

Oh wow I love this. Love the colors and fabrics! Great quilt.

Diane said...

Love this! Love the pattern, love the colors! Great quilt!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Love the soft and pretty look of your quilt and I hope your Mom is doing well!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt. : ) I can appreciate the special meaning this quilt will always hold for you. One of the best things about quilting is having a creative outlet and place to go with 'stuff.' It is a good way to keep centered and bring sanity into a sometimes crazy world/life. Thanks for sharing! P.S. I hope your Mom is doing well!!! Thanksgiving blessings to you and yours. ; )