Pages

August 25, 2009

[ two more quilts...can you stand it? ]

Just wanted to share two more quilts I've finished recently...
This one is the Scruffily Quilt (pattern by Rachel Griffith for Moda Bake Shop) with Sultry by Basic Grey for Moda fabric. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

The pattern forced me to go out of my comfort zone and use a pieced binding. I like it for this quilt. I wouldn't use it all the time, but it's a cute concept!


Here's another quilt I made at Priest Lake. It's a baby/lap quilt. Not big enough to snuggle under. :) It's the Stacked Coins Baby Quilt by Crazy Mom Quilts for Moda Bake Shop. Fabric is Soiree by Lila Tueller for Moda.

It also forced by to go out of my comfort zone (something I'm not comfortable with!!). Since I wanted to get it finished, I used backing fabric that I had in my stash. I usually am a very matchy-matchy person. I prefer all the fabrics to be from the same line - which this is not! :) I'm pleased with how it turned out.


6 comments:

Jessica said...

Fantabulous!!! Are you bringing them for show and tell??? I am bringing Em again for show and tell cause....well cause I can't get rid of her:)

ellsworth family said...

They both look so good! Nice job.

The Wieselers said...

So So cute!

Marci said...

Super cute, Marcie!!! I want to come see all the fun stuff you have done. Isn't quilting addictive?

janica said...

those are awesome, so gorgeous! did you just teach yourself or take a class??

rachel griffith said...

your sultry scruffily quilt has made me want one out of sultry too.
:)