Pages

August 8, 2009

[ home again...and then back to the lake again! ]

Mom and I came home again for a quick less than 24 hours at home. The Youth Group is presenting about the June Mission Trip at church tomorrow and we're having a brunch to thank all of our sponsors. After church, we'll head back to Priest Lake for our final week. I hate to even think about it...I'm grateful for all the time I've been able to spend there, but I'm sad to see it come to an end for the year.
We had a fun week we had this last week! We had a super fun evening with the Johnson family at the Baumann cabin on Tuesday evening. We shared dinner with Gavin, Nick, Kate, Dave, and Angie, then took a boat trip to Elkins for Huckleberry Daquiris & came back to Trent's at Cavanaugh Bay for Huckleberry Daquiris, then played a fun game of Balderdash back at their cabin. That game was a lot more fun than I remembered! Everyone was on their game that night and quite creative with their definitions! So fun!
On Wednesday night, Mom, Craig, & I went to Hill's for Sushi Wednesday! Melissa, Tiffany, & I tried the week earlier, but it was too busy and sushi would've taken an hour! So, we went earlier this week and had great sucess! Sushi was delicious, the live music was so enjoyable, and we just had a fun time! The only regret was that we had to get back to the house for the finale of So You Think You Can Dance, so we didn't get to stay as long as I would've liked. Oh well - we'll try again this week!
We received some sad news while we were at the lake this week. My good friend Leah's Mom, Kitty Niles, passed away. She fought a valient fight against cancer with grace, faith, and trust in God. She was the sweetest & most caring lady and will be greatly missed by her friends and family. Three of my high school classmates have lost their Mom's in the past 9 months. It really hit me this week when I heard about Leah's Mom...I am so grateful our story turned out differently in April.
Lastly - here's a shout out for Jessica Perkins. FEEL BETTER SOON! We have cheerleaders to whip into shape, quilting to discuss at great length, and Emersyn to chase around! I found her the cutest "beginning of cheer season" present today - can't wait to see you guys so I can give it to her! (It has absolutely NOTHING to do with cheer...don't be disappointed! There just is no holiday to attribute this to!) Thinking about you and hope you're recovering well! I'll bring you your recovery goody bag when I see you in two weeks!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Love and Miss You Guys. I am feeling a bit better already just knowing there are presents---I am such a present whore:) I have been a quilting machine though. Lots of stuff cut out and tons of projects started. Have fun at the Lake but don't stay forever!!

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

'Huckleberry Daiquiri' ?! Omgosh, where have these been all my life? They sound amazing!!!