Pages

August 21, 2009

[ school, cheer, quilting ]

I made it through my first week of school! 3 days down...many more to go!


The beginning of school looked a little different than I envisioned. My co-worker counselor discovered a serious heart condition over the summer and has to have surgery to put a pacemaker in. Due to this, he is not allowed to return to work for the entire school year and perhaps longer. So, a temporary replacement has been hired and for the past three days, I've been trying to teach her what she needs to know to tackle the onslaught of students that will be begin arriving at CHS next week. Needless to say, I brought quite a bit of work home with me this weekend - but I'm 99% sure that would've been the case regardless. :)


SO - my idea that I'd be able to sorta split my time between work and cheer camp went out the window real quick. I finally got to spend about 45 minutes there with Jess today. I'll be a fresh set of eyes on the routine we're preparing for the first day of school assembly and Eagles Nest BBQ, I guess!

Here's our squads for 09-10 (thanks for the picture, Jess!):




I have been doing some quilting in the evenings when I get home. I finally finished this quilt that I've been working on (on and off) since April. It's my very very favorite that I've done so far.


It's Camille Roskelley's pattern Jelly Filled with Aviary fabric.


It was hard to get a picture of since it's pretty big and it was kinda breezy outside tonight. Melissa said her arms were getting sore - but, well, see for yourself:


I had this beauty machine quilted at a quilt store in Spokane and picked it up on our way home from Priest Lake last week.


I would definitely make this pattern again. I love how it turned out!


I have two more quilts that I'm sewing the binding onto this weekend. Can't wait to share them with you!

5 comments:

melissa said...

sick. your quilts are beautiful, though!!

Jessica said...

Love the quilt. Loved seeing you. LOVED the gossip:) Love you. Jess

janica said...

wow. i love the quilt!! Im green with envy for those that can do that;)

Deborah Austin said...

You are so talented, that is an amazing quilt!!! Wow, I love it. Good luck with the cheer girls, it's been so long since I was at CHS that I don't even know many of the kids anymore, cool that you work there. It is a place with great memories for me.

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

this may be my fav one i've seen so far...pretty:)!!!