Pages

August 29, 2009

[ August 29, 2001 ]

Today is 8 years since {August 29, 2001}.

8 years since the fire that changed our lives.

8 years ago, I prayed desperately for my Dad to survive the night...and then the next night...
The events that occured 8 years ago caused me to become an adult and learn life lessons in just minutes.
I respect my Dad for the perseverence, strength, and endurance he had to survive what happened to him 8 years ago.
I am so thankful that, 8 years from that day, my Dad survived and thrived in the face of adversity.
I learned so much from him and to continue to learn from him constantly. He had his source of livelihood taken from him, regained his strength, and started a brand new career. In his new career, he has gained success, respect, and even more perseverence.
In our desperation on that day, 8 years ago, I never would've imagined where we'd be today, but I am so grateful and we are so blessed.

3 comments:

Mikaela said...

I can't believe that happened 8 years ago. Time really does fly! What a difficult time for your family, but it is amazing to look back now and see the blessings that have come!

Jessica said...

Hey Hey Bob K!!!! Love you guys:)

Melissa said...

I remember seeing the smoke from my house that day. I can't believe it has been that long. Your family has been so blessed!