Pages

April 30, 2009

[ still here ]

We're all still here. This week has been full with 2 doctors appointments for Mom (one in Richland and one in Seattle) among other things. I went into work for a few hours the other day (overwhelming), Mom & I both went to Beta on Tuesday night for Founder's Day (fun!), and we went to the Dream With Me Preschool Taco Feed and Raffle (super fun!).
In the meantime, I finished another quilt top and took a different quilt "sandwhich" to my friend Melissa to stipple machine quilt. She is crazy. She called the next day and said it was finished. Not that it is a huge quilt, but she has 6 kids including a 2-month-old, homeschools her older kids, and has 9 puppies and some kittens too. I'm in awe of YOU, Melissa!
On our drive to Seattle and back yesterday, I had the opportunity to sew the binding on and then I threw it in the washer last night.
Here's the finished result:


This is going to be popped in the mail today, sent to Reston, VA for my cousin Lisa & her husband Jon - for their baby girl that is due on May 9th. I hope they like it!

6 comments:

Olivieri Portrait Design said...

It's beautiful and Lisa will love it!!!

David and Kira said...

I LOVE THAT QUILT!! The colors you picked are so cute! Great job. I need to sew 2 matching quilts for my girls soon when Alyssa gets out of her crib. I really like that one! Pattern?

ellsworth family said...

Wow Marcie. Love it! You really did a great job. I am excited to see your next project. I need to sew something.

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

i love this...you are so talented!!

Jessica said...

very cute. you will never want to go back to work:)

Rachel Berry said...

Delurking here....

Hi I'm Rachel (Merrill) Berry and I'm still not sure how I found your blog but I love all your quilting! You do such a great job.

I am related to all the Davidson's & Freeman's that have gone to Connell. Hope you don't mind me coming around every now and then.