Pages

April 5, 2009

[ a little secret ]

Ok, I have decided to let you all on in a little secret: I'm having loads of fun accumulating fabric and patterns for quilting projects...but I haven't quite mastered the skills of actually completing the projects!
So, here's my list of projects to complete (along with a picture of what it's supposed to look like at the end, if I have it):
Starting with the ones that are closest to completion:
#1. This cute table runner that turned into a table square. It's my very first project. I hand quilted the flowers in the center. Now I need to quilt the outside squares and bind it.

#2. This pink baby quilt is for my cousin Lisa's baby that is due next month. I'm going to ask a friend of mine to machine quilt it. I need to buy the batting. The fabric on top of it is the back (darker fabric) and binding (lighter fabric).
#3. This is one of my favorite fabric combos! This is the first quilt I started. I'm sewing the strips together right now and I'll probably ask my friend to machine quilt it too. I need to get the batting. Lighter fabric is backing and darker fabric is binding.
#4. Camille's Table Runner in progress. I'm sewing the strips together right now. This is one I know I can finish by myself from start to finish (except for some help on how to bind it since I've never done that). I just need to do it! (Picture of how it's supposed to look is the second pic.)
#5. This fabric will magically turn into...
...this table runner!
#6. This fabric is for...
...this table runner!
#7. This is the quilt kit I got at Pike's Place Market the other day.
This is what it's supposed to look like when it's completed. Sorry it's not a great picture.
#8. This green kit I got at JoAnn's. It looks easy and cute, right?!


#9. I got this kit at Craft Warehouse - it was on sale last month! I love the big blocks on the pattern!


#10. This is the first kit I bought. It's from the Village Quiltworks in Richland. I love it and can't wait to work on it. This might be my summer project.


#11. I love this fabric! (Jessica, I think this is what you made your spring table runner out of, right?)

#13. I bought this pattern in Auburn last week and ordered the fabric for it when I got home on Friday. I want to make this for our house at Priest Lake since we're always there for the 4th of July. I love the stars on it.
(Amy, Jess, do you want a copy?)
I thought I'd show you how I store all of these works in progress, since I was in the craft room with my camera. :)
Baskets of fabric. This fabric isn't assigned to any patterns...yet.
Basket of idea books and magazines.Tubs of fabric...this fabric is assigned to the projects listed above.
These are projects that are halfway done.

And these are two table runners I'd like to make someday. Mom & I saw this table runner kit when we stopped in Roslyn at the quilt store there on Friday. I thought it was a cute fall runner, but I wasn't thrilled about the fabric, so I want to find the pattern.This pattern is from www.modabakeshop.com. I bought the hexagon templates, just need to find fabric for it.

Ok...so I took the plunge. I shared my secret, let you in on my fabric/pattern/kit buying addiction. Who's going to be next? C'mon - I know I'm not the only one!! Inspire me!!
Leaving you with a completed project - this is the April calendar that Jessica, Amy, and I made last week. I love it and can't wait to take it to my office...{tomorrow}.
Today is Palm Sunday, so off to church I go. Crossing my fingers that my sewing machine works this afternoon. Maybe that's what I'll pray for at church today. Obviously, it has work to do!!!

4 comments:

ellsworth family said...

I love your ideas! Thanks for posting them! And all that fabric looks like so much fun. I thought about making a bag, but they look a little more difficult that I usually attempt. But I still think a bag would be fun, maybe I will attempt it. That is a fun idea to have a stash of stuff for future gift. Good thinking!

Jessica said...

Thanks. I had no idea you had as big of a problem as I do:) Actually I went down the list and I have only 5 unfinished projects that are actually started--almost finished. Then I have 2 quilts that are cut and just need to be started and 5 that are only ideas with fabric. That is pretty good since the list started with 18:0. I took a few things off the list that were just things I could do. Like put binding on already quilted fabric and keep them around for baby quilts or give them to the church OR make military pillows. Things I should do, but kinda boring--I am a bad person!!! Can't wait to craft together. You should do the Camille tablerunner first. It was easy and it felt SOOOO good to have it completed. AND of course it is yummy cute. Good luck being a working girl again.

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

you're so talented, marcie! i like the idea of making a table runner...we just got a new one for $55! you could sell yours for good $$ :)!

5dollarFanatic said...

This is such a great talent and hobby Marcie-I can't wait to see what other projects you post!