Pages

April 17, 2009

[ home ]

We are home!
After waiting almost 4 hours for the darn prescriptions to be filled, I think we all had high blood pressure!! Luckily, the pass was fine and we made it home around 7pm. We arrived to a sparkling clean home, thanks to some special cleaning fairies (thank you thank you thank you!) and a small welcoming committee.
Dad and Melissa unpacked the car and I unpacked things in the house. We finally wound down enough to think about bed around 11:45pm. We got Mom settled into Dad's recliner with everything she needed at her fingertips. I did a few things in my room and came out to the kitchen for a glass of water. She and I ended up talking for over an hour. :)
This morning, we're just trying to adjust to being home and figuring out what Mom needs. Her medications are super confusing, but I think Dad's finally got a handle on those. We also didn't get a lot of rest last night, so we're trying to veg a little this morning since we're expecting quite a bit of company today!
Some other happy news...I entered a blog contest a few weeks ago to name this funky mannequin:

I named her "Stella" and it was chosen!! I won a handmade apron by Miss Lila Tueller (http://lilatuellerdesigns.blogspot.com/). It was a great surprise!! I never win anything!!!

4 comments:

ellsworth family said...

Awesome! I am glad you won!!!
It is nice to hear that you are all home. Hopefully you can keep up with all the company. What fabric did you order? That is super exciting!!!
I am kinda bumbed that once I finally get into quilting that I have my babies. Not that I am bumbed about having these babies, but that I didn't get into quilting sooner. There are so many things I would love to make, but they are gonna have to wait a while.
Tell your mother hi and that she is in my prayers. Enjoy your time at home with her.

Olivieri Portrait Design said...

So Glad you are home and more comfortable then being in Seattle! ;) Give your Mom a hug for me.... or a air hug if that is what she needs!

melissa said...

wow. Stella's a beaut:) thanks for taking such good care of mom, nurse Marcie!:)

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

this post makes me smile. please give your mom a hug for me:).