Pages

April 21, 2009

[ an adventure ]

Ok, Mom and I are going to attempt going to the Tri-Cities today.
Wish us luck!
UPDATE: We did great! Dad & I encouraged Mom to take an extra-heavy pain killer for the ride to Tri-Cities, but it made her pretty sick, so we'll know not to do that again.
I've been doing a lot of quilting since we've been home from Seattle, but I had no batting. The kind of batting that I like was on sale at JoAnn's for $5.99 a yard, so I got 4 yards. The lady that cut it acted like I was nuts. She said, "Well, this should last you a lifetime." I tried explaining to her that I don't get to town often and I have multiple projects going at one time...then I thought - why should I have to explain this to you, lady? Cut my darn batting!
Batting is so darn expensive, that I've been looking up buying it in bulk online. JoAnn's has it online right now and you can use a 40% off coupon! I'm seriously considering it...it would only be about $100 for 40 yards. Am I crazy?!

5 comments:

ellsworth family said...

Good luck!! I hope it goes well for you both.

The McGary's said...

Holy cow I just read everything that has been going on. What a scary situation. I hope things continue to improve. What a blessing you caught it when you did. Good luck.

Scott and Kelli said...

I love reading your posts, you are way too funny. I'm the same way, feeling like you have to explain yourself to sales people. I'm glad your mom is doing better, please let her know that I'm thinking of her. Good luck with the batting dilemma!

daisiesnlilacs said...

You are definitely not crazy! I buy a big huge roll (not 40 yds worth, but a big one) and just use off of it. I did that even when I lived in Spokane because I didn't want to have to run to the store everytime I was needing to finish a quilt. It's a definite time saver! Wish I was quilting, but springtime has me outside doing other things. Hope to start some wall hangings here real soon! Give your mom a hug from us!

Melissa said...

I guess you are crazy......because I consider myself crazy, and I have bought one of the rolls before---and have used it all up! That silly lady doesn't know what it is like to have 5 or 6 projects on the line at the same time!!!!!!