Pages

April 15, 2009

[ one more day ]


Well, we talked to the doctor this morning, Carrie Boom (she's great) and since Mom's blood pressure is unstable (yesterday it was 160+ and today it's at 100), she's apprehensive to send us home. So - we're staying at least one more day. I think we were all a little disappointed to hear that news. Melissa & I had already checked out of our hotel room and Mom was looking forward to wearing her new going home clothes that we bought her. Anyway, we are thankful for the doctor's knowledge and willingness to do whatever is needed. Dr. Boom said that if we lived on the west side she'd feel comfortable sending us home today, but since we're in Eastern Washington, it's best be on the safe side. I couldn't agree more - although I'm missing Samson something terrible and was really looking forward to seeing him. I am so appreciative Chris and Candace for keeping him this week...what great friends I have. Seriously - I wouldn't trust just anyone with him and not just anyone would agree to have him for this long. :)

Here's Mom's to-do list for the day - it's on a white board so that she can see it from her bed. She has to walk around the floor (about 400 yards) four times a day. You can see that yesterday, she did 6! She did three laps before lunch and when Dad asked her if she wanted to do the 4th before lunch came, she said, "Well, I don't want to show off!"



This is a hallway downstairs before you get on the elevators. Melissa and I try to take this advice everytime we get on the elevator.The hotel Melissa and I have been staying at is at the Seattle Center, just two blocks from the Space Needle, so we see it every morning when we leave and every night as we drive back from the hospital. It's become a reassuring sight for me, at least. This morning, there was patchy fog and it's pretty overcast still, but Melissa took this picture - we couldn't see the top of the Space Needle - it just disappeared into thin air - literally!



Melissa and I got out a little bit yesterday. Melissa's friend Rachel came to visit and then took us to U Village to get our nails done! Mine were trashed because Mom & I were supposed to get them done last Thursday, but life was interrupted. It felt great to get some fresh air and to take our minds off of things. While we were there, we decided to hop into Brighton to see if there was a heart bracelet we could get for Mom. We found that Brighton had created a bracelet especially for the American Heart Association, so we grabbed it and Mom loves it. :)




So, today, we're hoping today goes by quickly and that Mom's blood pressure stabilizes. Mom & Dad are napping right now and Melissa & I are watching Ellen:

Kara Mauseth sent us this scripture this morning and I'd like to share it with you:

Now, may the Lord of peace give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.


2 Thessalonians 3:16

Love you all!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the bracelet. I am glad you guys are hanging in there--like you have a choice:) Em says "hi"

Anonymous said...

Marcie and Melissa,
I am crying as I am reading your blog. Your mom is one of the nicest, most fun, warm, beautiful
woman I have ever met. Please let her know that she is in my prayers and in my herat.

Love, Julie Smith (Erika's mom)