Pages

April 25, 2009

[ table runners ... and more table runners ... ]

Since we've been home from Seattle, I've been quilting a lot. Between helping Mom and visitors, it doesn't seem like I have a lot of time, but looking at what I've finished, I guess I have had some time to do things. :) Mom, Melissa, and I were supposed to go on a Scrapbook Retreat this weekend with Amy, Jessica, and Martha, but had to cancel for obvious reasons. So - to feel like I was there, I quilted for most of today - but never won a door prize, darn it! :)
(Oh, and if you're wondering...I did order a bolt of batting from JoAnn's yesterday. I'm glad I waited because when I looked yesterday, there was a 50% off coupon! YES!!!)
Ok - Table Runner #1. I finished this one the day before Mom's incident. I made another one that I finished this past Thursday, same fabric and pattern. The second one I donated to the silent auction for the Dream With Me Preschool Taco Feed and Silent Auction. It's going to be this coming Wednesday from 5-7pm at Connell UMC.

This is Table Runner #2. I needed to finish hand stitching the binding and I had it in my bag when we went to Seattle, so I finished it while we were waiting. Mom was able to use it on her bedside table once she got out of ICU. I think it brightened her room up some. :)

Table Runner #3 - I started it after lunch on Friday and finished it after lunch on Saturday! I made this to take to our Priest Lake house since we always spend 4th of July there. I love how it turned out. I ordered some more fabric to make another one for a gift or donation for something. It came together really quick and is pretty darn cute!

Table Runner #4. Same pattern as Table Runner #1, but different fabric. This is for my friend Ronda's birthday present. I'm going to try to get it in the mail this week even though her birthday isn't until the middle of May. I think it looks so spring-y. It makes me happy every time I look at it.


This week, I also finished a quilt top and got a different quilt top ready to take to my friend Melissa's so that she can quilt it. I think I'm going to move away from table runners for a while (even though I bought fabric to make a valentine's one and a coffee-themed one).
In other news around the Koch household...Mom feels like a queen in her mechanical recliner that our friend Jim Jacobs brought for her to borrow. It's one of those that with a push of a button will stand you on your feet and 10 seconds later, lays you flat on your back. She feels quite independent now.
Also, I took Samson to the vet on Thursday. I noticed the last couple of days that he'd been shaking his ears more than normal. Dr. Poe checked him over (he lost .5 lbs since November!) and diagnosed the little dude (that is what she calls him) with yeast infections in his ears. $85 later, we were sent home with drops that we have to put in each ear once a day and he seems to be feeling better!
So, this coming week is full with doctor's appointments on Monday and Wednesday and Beta on Tuesday. I hope to squeeze in some time for quilting somewhere in there and we have to get started on writing thank you notes - it's going to take us YEARS!! If anyone wants to come cut fabric for me, I'd love you forever. I hate cutting fabric. I just like sewing it back together!
I'm also looking at creating some sort of quilting scrapbook or journal. Has anyone done this? I can't think of the right kind of book. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

5 comments:

Mikaela said...

Super cute, all of them! You really are amazing...you just learned how to do this, and now you're whipping them out like a crazy woman.

It sounds like your mom's doing better, which is such a relief!

ellsworth family said...

Oh, they look so good. I agree about sewing stuff back together, it's much better than cutting it apart. I am excited to see what you make next. I have been craving sewing time lately!

daisiesnlilacs said...

Way cute! I'd love to come quilt with you (cutting, not so much). Glad to hear your mom is feeling so much better and getting some of her independence back.

Jessica said...

Great stuff. I love the star runner--very fun and Marcie:) I actually like to cut--I know it is weird, but it is structured and mindless. I can do it with Emersyn running around like a crazy person. See you this weekend.

MightyWife said...

Marcie, you are so talented and creative. I love looking at all of your creations. Our baby quilt is the best! Audrey loves it!