Pages

December 26, 2012

.christmas.

I did a lot of baking this year before Christmas…truth be told, it kept me from doing any more online shopping once I was “done” with my Christmas shopping! I tried some new recipes from Pinterest and made some of the tried and true ones too.

I made White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge (click for recipe). It calls for Peppermint Extract…I made one batch with the extract but it was too overwhelming. I made the 2nd batch without extract and it was much more enjoyable!

photo 1

Mom & I rolled out Sugar Cookies while watching “White Christmas” on my iPad. It was perfect! That’s one movie we watch every year without fail – but it was the first time we watched it on the iPad!

 photo 2

Christmas morning was low key – just Mom, Dad, & I and then Dad picked up Grandma later in the morning. We were all up early so we watched “The Family Stone” at 6:15am! We got ready for the day, made breakfast, got Grandma, and then finally opened gifts around 10:30am. We enjoyed opening gifts, called Felix & Elsbeth in Switzerland, and scratched our lottery tickets. Mark, Kim, Karlye, Amber, & Alex came in the late afternoon and we played some cards and Just Dance.

Coco loved her new “Koko Chanel Perfume” toy!

 photo 4

We had a White Christmas! It began to snow around noon. We got about an inch and a half or so. Just enough to cover everything and give us a White Christmas.

 photo 5

No comments: