Pages

December 16, 2012

.christmas baking.

I did some Christmas baking today – or pretzel dipping, not really baking.

Here’s the lineup:

Rolo Pretzels – YUM!

Unwrap all the Rolos from the foil. I used two bags of Rolos (and had to buy them in Connell – cha ching cha ching!).

51syXj820oL__SL500_AA300_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_

Lay out pretzels (Costco ones work really well) on a foil or parchment paper lined cookie sheet…one with sides works well since they kinda slide around. Put one Rolo on top of each pretzel. Put them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or until the chocolate shines and is slightly melted.

 photo 1

Press a pecan in the center of the Rolo, smashing the Rolo down and causing it to spread out over the pretzel.

photo 2

Let them sit for about an hour or until hardened.

photo 3

Enjoy – but not all at once! :)

Next – Dipped pretzels

Melt the Almond Bark in the microwave according to the directions on the package.

almond-bark

Put a handful of pretzels in the bark, make sure it’s completely covered, then fish it out and lay it to dry on wax paper.

    photo 4

I used two packaged of almond bark and the pretzels filled two 9x13” Tupperware containers when I put them away. Between the Rolo pretzels and the dipped pretzels, I used two full bags of Rold Gold small pretzels. The Costco ones work real well, but I didn’t get to Costco.

Last for today – Snicker Doodles!

Here’s my Mom’s Snicker Doodle recipe in our church cookbook.

 photo 5

I think this recipe made about about 6 dozen cookies. Could’ve made a few more, but I had to sneak some of the dough. Guilty!

 photo (1)

Yum! Now on to the next round…coming soon!

No comments: