Pages

March 20, 2011

. in a funk .

I really don’t know how else to describe it. I haven’t really had the desire to do anything this week. I had a migraine on Thursday, so I stayed home on the couch all day, drifting in and out of naps. On Friday I felt like I’d been hit by a truck. oh the joys.

On Friday night, I was in the craft room from the time I got home from school until about 10:30pm. It was AWESOME! I got this Buggy Barn quilt pieced together…I’m in love.

photo 1

It was the one that caught my eye at the Buggy Barn Quilt Show I went to last August. I bought the kit and finally started piecing it together at the craft retreat last month. I did all the birdhouses and flowers there – but then the actual piecing together was difficult. I put it away for a while and then came back to it this week and tackled it! I can’t wait to get it quilted. I’m so proud of it!

On Friday night, I also cut the fabric for two more quilts and cut fabric for six bindings. I pieced together a few blocks of one new quilt:

photo 2

It’s another Buggy Barn with Bliss fabric.

Here’s all my bindings stacked up…ready for their quilts to be finished!

photo 4

I met my family at Michael Jay’s on Friday night after Junior Miss Dress Rehearsal. It was a crazy night – but Melissa and I got this picture together before it got too crazy!

photo 3

On Saturday morning, I met Jessica & Ethan at the Tri-Cities Quilt Show in Kennewick. It was a great way to celebrate National Quilt Day! There were some amazing quilts there – more complicated that I have interest to do. It was fun to shop in their “merchant mall” – helping Jess pick out a quilt kit! I bought a yard of laminated cotton, which I’ve already cut into!

I feel a nap coming on…maybe because everyone in my house right now is sleeping, including Samson. I gotta join them, right?!

No comments: