Pages

March 20, 2011

. bag-a-licious .

I’ve been eyeing this laminated cotton fabric at Craft Warehouse for a few weeks (let’s be honest, I’ve been there more than normal lately because they had a 40% off coupon. These hardly ever happen, so I had to take advantage, right?!).

Anyway, I went to the quilt show yesterday with Jessica and I went ready to buy a kit. I didn’t see one that I really loved, so I decided I’d try the laminated cotton. I had a bag pattern in mind that I could use. I picked up the coordinating cotton at Craft Warehouse (30% off bolted fabric, thank you National Quilt Day!).

This morning, I got going on my bag! I used this Market Bag tutorial from Film in the Fridge (http://www.filminthefridge.com/2008/08/28/to-market-to-market-a-market-bag-tutorial/). The only thing I did different is add pockets on each side.

I’m happy with how it turned out. The laminated cotton was a little tricky to sew since you can’t press it and it shows all the pin marks. I looked up online some pointers to sewing laminated cotton, so that helped.

photo 1

I have made this bag one other time, for Melissa. She complained that it didn’t have pockets, so I made sure to add pockets in this one.

photo 2

I’m not sure what I am going to do with this bag, but for now, it’s fun to look at!

photo 3

The fabric is Central Park by Kate Spain. So cute!

No comments: