Pages

June 3, 2012

.farm chicks 2012.

Mom & I went to our 3rd annual Farm Chicks Antique Show (Melissa met us there later on)! We had a lot of fun looking, but didn’t end up buying much! I took a lot of pictures to share!

We love to see how things are displayed, like these earrings…

IMG_1829

I thought this star made out of a measuring stick would be cute in a sewing room!

 IMG_1830

Mom liked these panels made of pillowcases, hankies, and scarves. Unique!

 IMG_1831

If there would’ve been one of these that said “Priest Lake” it would’ve been ours in a New York second!

 IMG_1832

We really loved this booth – lots of white, vintage, shabby chic things. I bought a handbeaded headband!

 IMG_1833

 IMG_1834

This was something unique that we saw this year – random pieces of china and glass put together with mirrors. I have been looking on etsy for a clock like that for my bathroom, so I was considering buying one, but decided I really wanted a clock!

 IMG_1835

 IMG_1836

We found fascinators at the Finders Keepers booth. After watching the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Pageant this morning before we left, we thought we should try on the fascinators!!

 IMG_1838

and wondered if maybe we should wear them to Melissa’s wedding!

 IMG_1839

There were a lot of these resin flowers made into various forms of jewelry (necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings). I liked this necklace the best of all that I saw!

 IMG_1840

There are so many collections of things – in baskets, bins, and piles. I liked this one of real vintage bottle caps!

 IMG_1841

Found the Kimberly Geiger booth – a pottery painter based out of Spokane that I love. Isn’t this one cute?!

 IMG_1842

 IMG_1843

 IMG_1844

This picture doesn’t do this justice, but the mermaid it made entirely of beads and pieces of jewelry!

  IMG_1846

Hot momma!

 IMG_1847

This was another necklace I considered buying…

 IMG_1848

A bird “condo” – too big for a house!

 IMG_1849

The decorations are so fun!

 IMG_1850

 IMG_1851

Can you believe all these boots and Melissa couldn’t find a pair that fit?!

 IMG_1852

This is one of my favorite booths…I don’t often find things there, but the amount of things is overwhelming! There are vintage linens: quilts, flags, hankies, tablecloths, etc. Look at this quilt…each square had people’s names in it. I wonder where it came from and how it got to this big pile of quilts?

 IMG_1853

 IMG_1854

Another collection of uniform names!

 IMG_1855

Mom found a teacher-size edition of Dick and Jane! So exciting!

 IMG_1856

More collections…tape measures!

 IMG_1857

Look who we found! Megan, Abby, & Chris!
It was fun to get to chat for a few minutes and get to see Miss Abby – she’s growing so much!

  IMG_1859

More fun finds!

 IMG_1860

 IMG_1861

Oh My…Mom found some majorette boots!!!

 IMG_1862

She’s still got it!

 IMG_1863

 IMG_1864

Cute – using a Bundt pan!

  IMG_1866

 IMG_1867

Cool sofa!

 IMG_1868

 IMG_1869

We got to see Serena, the founder of Farm Chicks!

 IMG_1870

We got to have her and Heather Bullard, a contributing editor of Country Living, sign the June copy of Country Living!

 IMG_1871 IMG_1872 IMG_1873

  IMG_1876

Megan sent me this picture – she caught Serena and had her take a picture with Abby! Lucky girl!

 IMG_1877

We had a great time looking and seeing all the goods. I love finding things that are recreated from old things – that’s fun for me! I didn’t find any milk glass and although I did find some fun jewelry, I didn’t end up buying any. The search continues…. :)

1 comment:

Countrylivn' said...

I was looking forward to your report, looks like it was great! Some day I am going to go, until then I will just enjoy your yummy pictures! Thanks for sharing!