Pages

July 25, 2009

[ twinlow ]

On Friday, I went to one of my other favorite places on earth...Twinlow! This past week was Senior High Camp, so lots of my favorite people were there as deans and leaders, so I took the opportunity to visit them! I loved getting to see them and have lunch with them in Post Falls. It made for a long day (Twinlow is about 1h 15m from Priest Lake....Post Falls is another 30m from Twinlow in the opposite direction), but it was so worth it.
I went to Twinlow as a camper, a counselor, and a dean (once!) since I was in 2nd grade...that would be 1989. I've only missed about 3 summers, I think (I've lost count now). There is something about Twinlow that makes me exhale as soon as I get out of the car. I have so many wonderful memories and experiences there and have met many lifelong friends there. It holds such a special place in my heart.
While I waited to see my friends, I sat on my favorite log (which looks like it's about to die....sad) and watched the lake...

It was wonderful. sigh...

No comments: