Pages

July 31, 2009

[ christmas in july ]

whew - barely made it! I can't believe it's already August tomorrow!

I have a long list of things to share tonight...lucky you!

As I drove home from Priest Lake yesterday, I turned the radio to 104.9, K-LOVE, the contemporary Christian radio station. To my surprise, they were playing Christmas music! What?! I {had to} listen to a few songs before the DJ announced they were doing an annual Christmas in July Food Drive! guess what - I'd already started on this table runner the other day and just finished sewing the binding on about 10 minutes ago!

My other Christmas in July is this:

My Grandma and I went to the Huckleberry Festival at the Priest Lake Golf Course a few weeks ago and we both entered a Scentsy giveaway. Four days later, I got a call that I won! I got to pick a warmer, three scents, and a room spray! I was so excited and thrilled to get to finally have this beautiful warmer in my bedroom. I love it!

Last night, I got to visit with a dear friend from elementary/high school that's home for a few weeks visiting his parents and helping out with harvest. We went to dinner in the Tri-Cities with another friend of ours. It was fun to catch up with him. I value his friendship so much and am thankful that we can pick up where we left off whenever we see each other.

Here's some quilting that I've been doing over the past week. I got quite a bit done at Priest Lake and finished up some of them today.

This is Melissa's birthday present that I finished at the lake. I got the batting and backing ready to go today. It's pretty big - 72"x72" approximately. I think I'm going to send it to a quilter. (Amy Butler fabric)

This is a baby quilt...I finished the top at the lake, found this back in my stash (still not completely sure it's a good match....I'm particular about making it very matchy matchy but tried to go out of my comfort zone today), and ordered some binding fabric this evening. I love the front! (Soiree by Lila Tueller fabric)

These are 12 disappearing nine-patch squares I completed at the lake. I ordered sashing, backing, and binding online and just waiting for it to arrive. I love this fabric line - Sweet by Urban Chiks. I'm excited to see this one come together.

I prepared fabric for two more tablerunners. I have two wedding receptions on August 15th and I'd love to whip up a table runner or lap quilt for gifts for these special girls and their new husbands. We'll see how that works out! :)

Tomorrow is a full day. I'm going to Pasco in the morning to pick up my parents from the airport (from their Nashville-Stillwater, MN trip), running a few errands with Mom before coming back to Connell for Mary Allison's Celebration of Life. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to catch up with Tracy while she's here. It's been a long time since she's been in Connell!! Mom and I will head to Pullman in the later afternoon to cheer on Sarah McGary, Connell/North Franklin's Junior Miss at the Washington State Junior Miss Program!

How could I not leave you with this adorable picture of Samdawg?? He was a spectator in my quilting Olympics today...he's just so darn CUTE! I may be biased... :)

4 comments:

David and Kira said...

What a busy month for you!! A lot of cute projects and the baby laying on your quilt is darling! Do you machine quilt all of your quilts usually? I'm going to attempt my first, after I practice up. Melissa gave me a quick lesson while in wa. a few weeks ago.

Hannah said...

You are so creative and crafty...I love it!!

Olivieri Portrait Design said...

Love this picture of Samson! ;)

5dollarFanatic said...

I love scentsy-try the coconut lemongrass fragrance adn home sweethome....they are my favorites. You are so crafty..I love your posts. Keep it up!!