Pages

July 13, 2009

[ Quilt Parade ]

You have to check out this wonderful blog of quilting goodness!
Camille and Carrie posted a challenge on their blogs a week ago. The challenge was to post a blog with pictures of your first quilt and your last quilt and tell something you learned along the way. It is so fun to see all the beautiful quilts and read the tips. It makes me so happy! (Click on the picture for Camille's blog link or click on their names for links to their respective blogs.)
I also had to leave you pictures of these two wonderful quilts. They are my inspiration right now!
This one is from Allison at cluckclucksew.com. It's made from vintage flat sheets! I'm now on a quest to find some beauties like this. (The first place I'll look is the dresser at our home at Priest Lake!!)



This one is from Rachel at P.S. I Quilt. She did a pinwheel block swap and this is the result. I love it. I could look at it all day. Probably because pinwheels scare me. :)

EDIT: oops...it wasn't a block swap. Rachel posted a comment and clarified how she acquired these beautiful pinwheels:

and just so you know...this wasn't actually a pinwheel swap, this is for the virtual quilting bee group that i host.every month there is a new 'designer' and we all make blocks for that person according to the fabrics they sent us, and the kind of pattern they want.my month was march and i wanted everyone to make pinwheel blocks.

2 comments:

rachel griffith said...

thanks for the link.
i'm glad that my quilt inspires you!!!
:)

and just so you know...
this wasn't actually a pinwheel swap, this is for the virtual quilting bee group that i host.
every month there is a new 'designer' and we all make blocks for that person according to the fabrics they sent us, and the kind of pattern they want.
my month was march and i wanted everyone to make pinwheel blocks.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that pinwheel quilt is awesome!