Pages

July 23, 2009

[ quick trip home ]

I decided to run to Connell for a few days to welcome Mom & Dad home from Alaska and send them on their way to Nashville. I'm so glad I did (even with the LONG drive!).

On Monday, I received this in the mail:







YAY YAY YAY! I love it! I couldn't stop looking at it and I even brought it back to the lake where it is resting on our coffee table. I'm so excited about it! In fact, I'm at the PL Library again today to "slurp" (seriously, that's what it's called!) the first half of 2009 to make another book. I've already posted more in 2009 than I did in 2008, so I figured I'd better split it into two books. The 2008 one is 150 pages!
Monday evening, Mom and I went out to enjoy the Heider harvest time. I love harvest. Since childhood, I remember it being a time of family, laughs, and bonding. I love the history of our family and how, on my Mom's side, all 4 of my great-grandparents, were wheat farmers. There is such a rich history and longevity of wheat farming, I can't help but appreciate the hard work and perseverence it takes to raise a successful crop.
As we were enjoying being in the field and then dinnertime with the Heider, I loved remembering times around their table with these special family members for many years earlier. The only thing that's changed is that we're all older! We even got to enjoy the traditional Mud Pie!!! Even the smell took me back to childhood - a mix of dust, sweat, and wheat chaft. I'm so glad we went out there.

The Heider Farm

My uncle Mark. He probably deserves his own blog post! I love this guy so much.

3 comments:

Olivieri Portrait Design said...

What a great book! How fun! And YES Mark is a pretty Awesome guy!!!

Jenn Davidson said...

Ohhhh I love mark too! Gosh I miss home.. and miss you.. and you're whole stinkin family!

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

Love the photos...:)