Pages

May 15, 2009

[ thankful ]


With all the budget cuts facing school districts across the nation, counseling being considered non-essential, me being the low man on the totem pole among NFSD counselors, and fellow counselor friends/former classmates loosing their jobs - I was very thankful to find a contract in my box today offering me a job for the 2009-2010 school year.
This is the third year I've received a contract on the big day (May 15th is the day the districts are required to distribute contracts), but I've never realized how truly thankful I am that I find that envelope in my box. I've taken it for granted before, but no longer. I am so grateful for my job. I know that amongst people my age with the same years of experience, I am very lucky.
I'm feeling very blessed tonight.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay. They could not run that place with out you. I am glad that you made it through one week back without YOUR arteries bursting!!:)

Jamie said...

Congrats!!!!!

Tamara said...

Congratulations!!