Pages

May 8, 2009

[ catching up ]

Today, I am enjoying being at home...it's my last "day" before I go back to work on Monday. I am thankful for being able to stay home to help Mom get back on her feet and while she still has a long road in front of her, I think we're both confident that we're ready to move on to the next step in the progress.
This morning, we made this mondo bowl of salsa, per Karlye's request, to enjoy at her GRADUATION party tomorrow! I couldn't be more excited to celebrate Karlye's graduation from WSU tomorrow. I am so proud of her hard work, dedication, and perseverence to get to this point. So so proud....
(BTW, if you're wondering - this salsa is DELISH!)

Yesterday, Mom & I went to the Tri-Cities to run some errands and pick up some prescriptions for her. Yesterday was also one month since her surgery. We celebrated with Starbucks...AND Sonic!
We also stopped by Village Quiltworks at Queensgate and I picked up this cute quilt kit:
I don't know what it is about orange lately, but I'm a huge fan! I also got some fabric and a pattern for a bag that Mom wants me to try out. I'm a little leary of a bag, so we'll see how it goes. She picked out cute coffee-themed fabric, so even if the bag is a flop, it'll still be adorable because of the fabric!
I also found these pictures on my phone camera that I haven't shared yet...
Ladies and Gentlemen...I took the plunge and bought this lovely, 40 yard roll of quilt batting. I think I could supply all the quilters in Connell with batting!! Seriously, if anyone needs some, let me know! :)



Tonight, my lovely friends Kate & Candace are coming over for Root Beer Floats, crafting, chatting, and having fun. I'm not sure how much crafting we'll get it, but the rest will be fun for sure!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet I am the first COOL person to comment! So I think I need to live by you just in case the world ran out of batting! Not that I use it that much because I am doing summer smocked dresses for the girls but next project is a rag quilt probably Queen size with batting! Expensive I think but fun right??!! I love looking at all your projects and am so jealous you have a Craft Warehouse, all I have is JoAnn's but it is better than Hancocks!

Jessica said...

Your new orange kit is my new orange kit--we must have been kindred spirits this week. I loved the green flannel back they used, so I got that too. So cozy. It is going into my front room with all of the other orange. Sorry you have to go back to work, but I am sure EVERYONE at the school is so ready for you to be there.

Jenks Family said...

The next time I have a baby I'm going to pay you to make me a quilt. everything you have done are super cute.

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

that salsa looks SOOO good right now. you're inducing a craving;)...

Knight Family said...

Sorry to hear of your Mom. I guess I don't hear the new until late. Tell her to get stronger. Our prayers are with her! Love, Vanae