Pages

June 1, 2009

[ a grand new day ]


This past weekend, a big group of women from Connell went to Women of Faith at the Spokane Arena. The theme was "A Grand New Day" and we had a great time! We had concerts from Steven Curtis Chapman and Mandisa and heard from great speakers, like Lisa Whelchel (Blaire from The Facts of Life).
Mom & Karen
Kate and her Mom, Karen

We tried a few times to get a nice picture, then my friend Jody photobombed it! Hello Jodes!

Seeing Jody was one of the highlights of the weekend. She & I went to Whitworth grad school together and we definitely don't get to see each other enough! We got to have a great talk and spend some time together. Love her!

Here's our good picture:

Candace, Kate, & myself


Part of our group:

Amy, Zoee, Me, Melissa, Candace, Kate, & Karen

The group of us at Anthony's!

Sunday, I skipped church (hey! I'd already had 2 days of it!), enjoying the leisurely morning, then headed downstairs for a marathon quilting day! This was just in 9 strips of 8 blocks before Sunday around noon. As of 7pm on Sunday, it is 6 strips from being fully quilted. I'm excited to finish tonight and start sewing the binding on. This quilt rocks my socks off. I love it!

Today was a particulary tough day at work. A freshman student drowned on Friday in Basin City, so it was a day of mourning at CHS. We had the library open for students to come and be together to remember him. There were 30-40 students there pretty much the whole time. He was well liked by so many. It is difficult to loose a friend, especially at such a young age. There were many students with him at the time of his death, so that's particularly hard.

On the way home, I saw this:

Spring Football Practice! YES!!! I love CHS Football!

3 comments:

David and Kira said...

Oh my gosh! Who died?! That is so scary. I hate accidents. Glad you had a good time at your woman's conference weekend. And to go with friend's and family is even funner. I need to come quilt with you for a few days. You would kick me in the butt and get me going. I'm slackin' on mine right now. I need some serious motivation!!!

Jessica said...

hello old friend. sorry today was such a tough day. so close to the end of the year too.
i love your quilt--well of course i do cause i bought it too:) mine is still in a million un-sewn blocks though. i did start to cut some fabric today though, so i am going to get myself back in gear. i have been a non-sewer since i finished all those darn graduation quilts. love ya.

ellsworth family said...

Looks like a fun weekend. I love the quilt!!